For all the industrial activities, Stainless steel pipes and fittings are essential. The primary work of Stainless steel pipes and fittings is they can handle and control the flow of gasses and liquids. They can also increase and improve the productivity and safety of the current tools. Therefore, everyone must select the correct type of Stainless steel pipes and fittings depending on the applications.
Every company needs to contact the SS pipe fitting manufacturers who have the experience and can deliver the product with precise and excellent quality as per your requirement. The stainless steel pipe fittings manufacturer in India has various skills and is an expert in their work, due to which they provide innovative work.
Stainless Steel :
The company where consistency and corrosion resistance are invaluable Stainless steel pipes and fittings are essential. These are also helpful in chemical and heat resistance and also help in lowering maintenance costs. Every company requires a specific standard of material from SS pipe fitting manufacturers to use an excellent type of material.
Many factors are taken into consideration while selecting Stainless steel pipes and fittings. Strength and fabrication are the fundamental factors of stainless steel. There are around more than 60 grades of stainless steel. The entire group of Stainless steel pipes and fittings are in four metallurgic classes. Every company needs to consider additional mechanical or physical properties to the overall service performance requirements.
Reason for selecting Stainless steel pipes and fittings :
1. Rust Resistance: – Corrosion plays a fundamental role in every metal application. Many metal applications come into contact with dust, chemicals, and other environmental factors. Therefore, if you choose Stainless steel pipes and fittings from SS pipe fitting manufacturers, it will help withstand these factors. Stainless steel pipes and fittings are an excellent choice as it has high resistance to corrosion or rust.
2. Durability: – Stainless steel pipes and fittings are durable and can withstand a lot of pressure.
3. Withstanding High Temperatures: – In many companies, the temperature can go up to an extreme level. Stainless steel pipes and fittings can go and resist the temperatures without deformation or warping. You will not have to compromise with the temperature change.
Different Stainless Steel Tubing Grades and Applications
1. 300 Series Austenitic – Typical grades are T304 and T316:- Stainless steel pipes and fittings are Chromium (17-25%), Nickel (8-25%); non-magnetic, not heat treatable. This type of stainless steel can also develop high strength even in cold working. Moreover, these steel pipes have molybdenum (up to 7%), which increases the corrosion resistance. SS pipe fitting manufacturers use 300 Series Austenitic to resist corrosion and uphold their strength at high temperatures. This steel has the quality that any company can easily maintain. Type 316 is different from other types of stainless steel as it contains slightly more nickel than Type 304 and 2-3% molybdenum which makes it corrosion resistant. Most SS pipe fitting manufacturers use Type 316 for surgical applications, food, and beverage equipment, wastewater equipment, chemical equipment, architectural applications.
2. 400 Series Martensitic – Typical Grade: 410:- This type of steel contains Straight chromium (12-18%), magnetic and can become hard with the help of heat treatment. Stainless steel pipe fittings manufacturer in India uses Type 410 to resist corrosion in mild atmospheres, steam, and mild chemical environments. Most SS pipe fitting manufacturers use Type 410 for fasteners, machinery parts, and pump shafts.
3. 400 Series Ferritic – Typical grade 430:- SS pipe fitting manufacturers use Type 430 as it has Straight Chromium (12-18%), low carbon, magnetic, but these Stainless steel pipes and fittings don’t have heat treatable. Stainless steel pipe fittings manufacturer in India uses Type 430 for highly polished trim application.
4. Precipitation Hardening – Typical grade: 17-4: SS pipe fitting manufacturers use Type 17-4 as it has Chromium (12-28%), Nickel (4-7%), martensitic, or austenitic. The other word of Type 17-4 is grade 630. The feature of Type 17-4 is that it has high strength, relatively good flexibility, and good corrosion resistance at moderate temperatures. Everyone uses this Type 17-4 for valves, gears, pump parts, bolts, saws, and shafting.
However, Stainless steel pipes and fittings look very neat, but it’s slightly expensive. Stainless steel pipes come into use, where there is a high chance of corrosion, and near the coastal area. Stainless steel pipes are available in both flexible and rigid conditions. According to the need, these pipes are available in various sizes and lengths.
Everyone requires Reliable piping and valve systems that come with excellent materials. The essential element comes into use by SS pipe fitting manufacturers in the composition of metals. When you are choosing Stainless steel pipes and fittings, everyone needs to keep some factors in mind:-
1. Pipe Material Selection
2. Type of Fluid
3. Internal Temperature
4. Internal Pressure
5. Valve Material Selection
6. Valve Type Selection
7. Pipe and Valve Services at Base Construction
Before selecting any Stainless steel pipes and fittings, there is the requirement of proper testing, which can ensure safety and reliability. Many stainless steel pipe fittings manufacturers in India have the facility to perform various tests on their products. SS pipe fitting manufacturers perform several tasks regularly and also include all the essential criteria as per industrial standards.